Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day, March 17th


St. Patrick's Day!!!

It's no secret that I love St. Patrick's Day. I love it because I get a little thrill every time I see my name somewhere, even if I know it's not really for me.

Nevertheless, I was shocked when I read today that St. Patrick's Day had been moved to the March 15th, because the Catholic Church didn't want to celebrate the holiday during Holy Week, which I completely understand, since St. Patrick's Day is, after all, a Catholic feast day, and as such they have every right to move the celebration, so as not to take away from Holy Week, but I was so sad that I had missed it! And I didn't know because I didn't get the memo, because I'm not Catholic!

Anyway, I still must celebrate St. Patrick's Day today, and if you would like to celebrate along with me, here are a few tests to see how "Irish" you are.




Your Irish Name Is...



Maura MacSween







What Your Shamrock Says About You



You express yourself well - you are very verbal. You are good at perceiving the world and understanding people.



At times you can be moody and lack direction. You have an artist's temperament.



You consider yourself a lucky person. Luck always seems to be on your side.



You are traditional, easy going, and appreciative of the simple things in life.






You're 50% Irish



You're probably less Irish than you think you are...

But you're still more Irish than most.






Your Leprechaun Name Is:



Freckles O'Gold







You Are A Fig Tree



You are very independent and strong minded.

A hard worker when you want to be, you play hard too.

You are honest and loyal. You hate contradiction or arguments.

You love life, and you live for your friends, children, and animals.

A great sense of humor, artistic talent, and intelligence are all gifts you possess.






You Are Emerald Green



Deep and mysterious, it often seems like no one truly gets you.

Inside, you are very emotional and moody - though you don't let it show.

People usually have a strong reaction to you... profound love or deep hate.

But you can even get those who hate you to come around. There's something naturally harmonious about you.

No comments: