Tuesday, January 23, 2007

National Pie Day, January 23rd


National Pie Day
I didn't make pie for national pie day. I made Cranberry-Pumpkin bread. And, I only made bread to fill my hours before my next lunch period because I forgot my book at work. At a very inconvenient spot to forget a book I might add. Especially a book that I haven't skipped ahead and finished the ending already, so that I might leisurely enjoy the middle. No, this was a book that I was going to zoom all the way through from beginning to the end. And now I am in a dither, all worried about Princess Anidori-Kiladra, because she is in quite a tight spot. And she is stuck in my desk draw at work until lunch-time tomorrow, where I do suspect that I will read the ending just in case the book gets forgotten at work again. No need to put myself through this torture again.

My worries over Princess Ani made me forget to put salt and lemon peel in the bread. And now the bread is a little bland. It's especially bland for a Pie Day celebration food.

I suspect that all this proves that I am lame.

6 comments:

Tolkien Boy said...

To celebrate, I will close my eyes and recite the notation for pi for as long as I can.

3.1415926...

That's all.

(And I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't been forced to learn it for a play in middle school.)

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Wow! I am impressed. That is four more digits that I know. But, don't use all you Pi coolness here... wait for Pi Day, March 14th! (3.14)

Th. said...

.

But I like pie!

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

I hope that you had some pie then, of course you can wait until Pi Day (3.14) but, if you really like pie, I wouldn't.

Soccer Dad said...

Darn, I was going to impress you wih remembering about National Pi Day. But I see I'm late to the party. However I know about the first 10 digits of the square root of 2! How's that?
1.414213562373095
Does that make me a hopeless nerd? Or just irrational?

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

I love Pi Day, so I will always remember it, but I also like it when other people remember. :)

And I am very impressed that you know the square root of 2.