Thursday, June 15, 2006

Recess at Work Day, Recap

I just worked eleven and a half hours without a lunch break, wherein I produced 13 pages of single spaced text and three pages of formatted photo pages, without proofing. (Yes, Edgy, I am ashamed of myself, but it couldn't be helped.) Then I organized and assembled six 90 page information packets for a meeting next week. Somewhere around Packet Four I discovered that I was missing a page near Chapter 3, and I didn't fix it because it was 6:30 and I still had to deliver the damn things.

I should feel guilty, but two simple facts will help me sleep tonight: 1) Edgy is not a member of my governing board, so it is very likely that any and all mistakes will go unnoticed; and 2) In the almost 5 years that I have been doing this, no-one has walked in off the street to make a public records request for anything, so again, it is very likely that any and all mistakes will go unnoticed.

So now I am drinking Instant Breakfast and eating cinnamon toast because I am too tired and sore from my day to cook, and I can't go anywhere to eat because it is rodeo time and the traffic is horrid, because apparently the rodeo grounds are near, because I can hear it even over my finger typing noises.

But, I really can't complain because the cinnamon toast is perfect.

1 comment:

Rich DiGirolamo, RECESSitator said...

Okay, I am giving you plenty of notice right now. June 21st is Recess At Work Day 2007. Get your single spaced text done early this year!

Rich DiGirolamo, Founder Recess At Work Day - www.recessatworkday.com