Monday, April 17, 2006

Why, Yes, Yes I Am

My co-workers don't know that I blog. I had a heart-stopping moment once when I was showing a couple of them Edgy's Crimes Against Humanity #3 and one of them noticed the name "Absent-minded Secretary" and said, "Hey, that could almost describe you!"

Why, yes, yes it could.

Last week a co-worker and I were discussing when we should schedule an outdoor activity during April, I advised that we should wait until the week of BYU graduation or after. When pressured to explain myself, I said that more often than not, it snows the week before BYU graduation. (Some people in Utah follow the "Don't plant your garden until after Mother's Day" rule; I follow the "Don't put your flower pots outside until after BYU graduation" rule.)

Today a co-worker came to my desk after observing the snow fall for and hour and asked: "What are you, an almanac?"

Why, yes...

Post Script: Now that I am home, it is nice to discover that compared to Provo, the weather in Pleasant Grove is rather pleasant... and it isn't snowing here! Wahoo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not even cold in California! Just think!

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

LL! I have missed you! I need to call you!! Yes, I am sure it doesn't snow in California mid-April. Ah ... the lovely west coast, and the temperate pacific. Sigh.

Christian said...

Stupid snow.

That's all.

Just stupid snow.

Kirk L. Shaw said...

Yeah, I have a bone to pick with the snow in April. It's all fine and dandy pre-December 25th, but after that, it's moot.

Oh, and if certain co-workers of Edgy's and mine found his blog, that might not be the best. Especially if it were Office Spy...he'd run and tattle.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

It's a good thing to be annonymous. All Office Spys should be stripped of all vacation priviledges.