Friday, March 31, 2006

She's Funny That Way, Questions 15-19

15.) What do you think about your friends?

You've got a laugh that could bring me to tears
You've got compassion coming out of your ears
You've got a mind that's agile and bright

Dave’s True Story "Spasm"


16.) What is your life philosophy?

Armed with Trollope and a cup or two
I could while the day away
Now just a dollop
Makes me think of you
And that's too high a price to pay
I'll read Kafka's tale about that lonely vermin
I'll read every Jonathan Edwards sermon
Hell, I'll read Emmanuel Kant in German
But I'll never read Trollope again
I used to read him with a friend or two
I used to read him by myself
But to read him now only makes me blue
So I've tossed him from my shelf
I'll read Don Quixote five or six times through
I'll read Jackie Collins till my face turns blue
Hell, I'll even read Bukowski too
But I'll never read Trollope again

Dave’s True Story "I’ll Never Read Trollop Again"


17.) What is your secret wish?

So please please please
Let me, let me, let me
Let me get what I want
This time

The Smiths "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want"

18.) What do you think about drugs?

I've had enough of romantic love
I'd give it up, yeah, I'd give it up
For a miracle, miracle drug

U2 "Miracle Drug"


19.) If you could say one thing to your enemy, what would it be?

Goodbye
I never want to see you again
Goodbye
I don't want to be your friend
So long
Now we've reached the end

Save Ferris "It Means Everything"



So, this is getting harder and harder. The songs that I love and want to include don't fit the questions and so I am having to look through the album notes of all my CDs to find songs that I usually skip over. I still haven't come close to answering question #2 which is "Who are you?" My favorite songs are really melancholy, and dark and I don't think that necessarily describes who I am. And I am afraid that if I use some of the really dark ones, which I love, someone might misinterpret them and think that I am on the edge or something... This is going to be a long process. Can we say wasted day off? Yep.

2 comments:

Christian said...

There is no such thing as a wasted day off. Unless, of coure, you do work at home. Then it's a wasted day off.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Anyone: "So did you do anything fun over your four day weekend?"

Me: "I wrote answers to questions about my personal life in the forms of song lyrics. Uh... it's not as lame as it seems. It's cool even. Everyone is doing it. You just haven't heard of it because you aren't as cool as I am."