Monday, February 13, 2006

Get a New Name Day, February 13th

To begin my name search, I started with something serious.

I went to Get a Chinese Name Shi An bao is my new Chinese name. This name means I am well versed in rare treasures.

Then I wandered off into the realm of fantasy.

I went to The Hobbit Name Generator to get my hobbit name, which is Daisy Grubb. Daisy, I could like. Grubb, not so much. Actually, Grubb is one of my ancestor's names... I guess I should embrace it.

Then I went to The Jedi Name Generator. I am Jedi Secab Adkei of the planet Avonex. Hmmm. It just doesn't fit me.

My favorite is my Pirate Name: The Dread Pirate Bonney. I found this from taking a twenty question quiz at What's My Pirate Name? But, I am not sure if I will ever able to get used to people dreading me. Or people constantly singing "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean" whenever they see me coming.

If I were a robot I would be:
http://cyborg.namedecoder.com/


That's me. Designed for nocturnal stuff.

If I were a monster I would be:
http://monster.namedecoder.com/


Which is odd, because I have nothing against anthropologists, or scientists, but I really like the "nightmare from the tower" thing; it's very Jane Eyre-esque.

Without four more years of school, I have been named Professor Drunkenpaws from the Squirrel Name Generator. While I find the idea of being called professor way cool, I don't really like the "drunkenpaws" part. It almost sounds masculine. If I am going to be a squirrel, I want to be a girly squirrel.

And, I can't even pronounce my new Irish name, Eibhilan a Cheanndubhain, from the Random Irish Namer. And with my spelling problems, I will never learn how to spell this name.

All in all, Dread Pirate Bonnie is my favorite. I will be getting new business cards made up as soon as I can convince the rest of the world that this is sane and logical.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arrrrhhh matey :). My pirate name is Dirty Jenny Rackham
You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

Lol....I always wondered what it would be!

Happy Valentines Day!

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Well, Dirty Jenny Rackham, you can be first mate to The Dread Pirate Bonnie, and we'll sail the seas... until we get seasick and want to go home. ;)

Th. said...

.

I have got to come back here and try some of these on when I have more time.