Monday, January 9, 2006

Thank God It's Monday Day, National Clean Off Your Desk Day, Organize Your Home Day, Word Nerd Day, January 9th

I wonder how one could honestly "Thank God It's Monday" when one must face the chores of "Organizing Your Home Day" and "National Clean Off Your Desk Day" in one single day. Really, the organizers that be could have had better foresight. If one spends their entire day at work cleaning off their desk, and by similar responsibility, their boss's desk, and nearby work table, how is one supposed to have the desire when reaching home to organize their home?

I guess it's good that I did my major putting away of Christmas presents and other lingering assorted stuffs over the weekend. I reduced my "to be read" pile from eleven books to a much more manageable four, by retiring those I haven't read, and probably will never read to my bookcase. My eyes lately have been too big for my time, or interest... if that makes sense. So, I have the goal this year to reduce my pile to none, without adding any more to it. Unless I have a book or two very highly recommended to me by Edgy.

Word Nerd Day: any ideas of how to celebrate?

2 comments:

Th. said...

.

Word for the Wise celebrated with the very word nerd.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

I saw that... and I also saw this Origin of the Nerd which discusses the possibility that "knurd" (drunk backwards) is the root of the term "nerd."

It also has a picture of Seuss's nerd. http://home.comcast.net/~brons/NerdCorner/If-I-Ran-The-Zoo.gif